The lambs were nicely spaced so I easily counted 24. I had to climb over the fence as I couldn’t open the padlock. A passer-by reminded me it was a private area and I told him what I was doing. I thanked him for caring about the site, and then he recognised me from years ago. I found the lamb treats and took the bucket down to them in the dip, calling all the way, and rattling the bucket. As I got closer some of them put their heads up to see what was going on. I showed them what was in the bucket and they raced up to me and put their heads in the bucket, eventually knocking it over. I was going to leave the bucket but turned back to fetch it, and 2 of the lambs ran up to me even though I had nothing in my hands! I am now officially a lamb whisperer!
The bucket is now back with the tin of nuts.

No comments:
Post a Comment